1. What is FASTag for trucks?
FASTag is an electronic toll collection system implemented by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) for vehicles, including trucks, to facilitate fast and cashless toll payments at designated toll plazas across the country. It is a radio frequency identification (RFID) sticker that is affixed to the windscreen of vehicles, enabling automatic deduction of toll charges while passing through the toll plazas.
2. Why is FASTag necessary for trucks?
FASTag offers several benefits to trucks, including reduced waiting time at toll plazas, enhanced fuel efficiency, and seamless movement across the highways. It eliminates the need to carry cash for toll payments and ensures smooth transportation of goods, saving time and resources.
3. How can I apply for a FASTag for my truck?
To apply for a FASTag for your truck, follow these steps:
1. Visit the official website of a certified FASTag issuing agency or a bank.
2. Look for the ‘FASTag’ section or applicable link on the website.
3. Find the option to ‘Apply for FASTag’ or ‘Get FASTag for Commercial Vehicles.’
4. Fill in the necessary details like vehicle registration number, owner information, and contact details.
5. Upload the required documents, including the truck’s registration certificate (RC) and your identification proof.
6. Review the application form, ensure accuracy, and make the necessary payment online.
7. Once the application is submitted successfully, your FASTag will be dispatched to your registered address.
4. What documents are required to apply for a FASTag for trucks?
The documents required to apply for a FASTag for trucks typically include:
1. Truck’s Registration Certificate (RC)
2. Owner’s identification proof (Aadhar card, PAN card, etc.)
3. Proof of address (Electricity bill, telephone bill, etc.)
4. Passport-size photographs of the truck owner/driver
5. Where can I get a FASTag for my truck?
You can obtain a FASTag for your truck from various sources, including certified banks, authorized Point of Sale (POS) locations, and online platforms. The official websites of certified FASTag issuing agencies and banks often provide an option to apply for FASTag online, making it convenient for truck owners to obtain one.
6. How long does it take to get a FASTag for trucks?
The time taken to receive a FASTag for trucks may vary depending on the issuing agency or bank. Once you have successfully completed the application process and made the payment, it usually takes around 7-10 working days for the FASTag to be dispatched to your registered address. It is advisable to apply well in advance to avoid any delays.
7. Can I get a FASTag for my truck directly from toll plazas?
Yes, some toll plazas have dedicated lanes for on-the-spot issuance of FASTags. However, it is recommended to apply for a FASTag online or through certified banks/agencies to ensure a smooth and hassle-free process. Direct issuance at toll plazas may involve additional paperwork and longer waiting times.
8. How can I recharge or top-up my FASTag account for trucks?
You can recharge or top-up your FASTag account for trucks through various methods, including:
1. Online payment: Most certified issuing agencies and banks offer online payment options on their websites or mobile apps. You can log in to your FASTag account and make payments using net banking, credit/debit cards, or mobile wallets.
2. UPI: Many FASTag providers also support the Unified Payments Interface (UPI), allowing you to link your FASTag to a UPI app and make payments seamlessly.
3. Bank branches: You can visit the bank branch associated with your FASTag and provide the necessary details to recharge your account.
4. Authorized POS locations: Certain authorized Point of Sale (POS) locations allow you to visit in person and recharge your FASTag account using cash or any other acceptable payment method.
9. Can I use one FASTag for multiple trucks?
No, a single FASTag is issued for a particular vehicle, and it is not transferrable. Each truck should have its dedicated FASTag affixed to the windscreen. Using one FASTag for multiple trucks is against the terms and conditions of FASTag usage and can lead to penalties or fines.
10. What happens if I change my truck or sell it?
If you change your truck or sell it, you are required to deactivate the FASTag assigned to the old vehicle and apply for a new FASTag for the new/traded vehicle. The process may vary depending on the issuing agency or bank, but it usually involves contacting their customer support or visiting their office to initiate the necessary changes.
11. Are there any discounts or incentives for using FASTag for trucks?
Yes, the government of India provides various incentives and discounts to encourage the use of FASTag, especially for commercial vehicles like trucks. These discounts can vary from toll fee waivers to cashback offers, which can significantly benefit truck owners in terms of cost savings. It is advisable to check with the issuing agency or bank for the specific discounts available for trucks.
12. Is there any validity period for a FASTag for trucks?
Yes, FASTag for trucks generally has a validity period, which is typically up to five years from the date of issuance. It is essential to renew the FASTag before its expiry to ensure uninterrupted toll collection and avoid penalties for non-functional or expired FASTags.
13. Can I use my truck FASTag for personal vehicle toll payments?
No, the FASTag issued for trucks cannot be used for personal vehicle toll payments. Each vehicle category has specific FASTags designed for them, and they are not interchangeable. Using a truck FASTag for personal vehicles is against the terms and conditions and can lead to penalties or fines.
14. Can I transfer my truck FASTag to another vehicle?
No, FASTag is non-transferable between vehicles. Once affixed to a truck, it is not allowed to be removed or transferred to another vehicle. If you switch your vehicle or sell the truck, you need to deactivate the existing FASTag and apply for a new one for the new vehicle.
15. What should I do if my truck’s FASTag is not working at a toll plaza?
If your truck’s FASTag is not working at a toll plaza, follow these steps:
1. Contact the toll plaza personnel and request them to assist you.
2. Ensure that your FASTag account has sufficient balance to cover the toll charges.
3. Check if the FASTag is correctly affixed to the windscreen and is not damaged.
4. If the issue persists, contact the customer support of your FASTag issuing agency or bank and raise a complaint, providing them with the necessary details of the incident.
16. Can a FASTag for trucks be used for toll payments across all highways in India?
Yes, a FASTag for trucks can be used for toll payments across all National Highways (NHs), State Highways (SHs), and select city toll plazas in India. It enables seamless travel without the need to stop and pay cash at every toll plaza, providing convenience and saving valuable time.
17. Are there any specific features or functionalities for FASTag usage in trucks?
While FASTag for trucks operates in a similar manner to that of other vehicles, certain features and functionalities cater specifically to truck owners. These may include facilities for connecting multiple tags under a single account, provision for commercial invoicing, and reporting systems to help track expenses and optimize fuel efficiency. The specifics may vary depending on the issuer and associated services provided.
18. Can I use a truck FASTag for other commercial vehicles like buses or taxis?
No, a truck FASTag is not applicable for other commercial vehicles like buses or taxis. Each category of commercial vehicles requires a separate and specific category of FASTag as per the guidelines issued by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI).
19. What happens if I don’t have a FASTag for my truck while crossing a toll plaza?
If you don’t have a valid FASTag for your truck while crossing a toll plaza, you may be required to pay the toll charges in cash or via alternative methods accepted at the toll plaza. The absence of a FASTag may lead to delays, inconvenience, and possibly higher toll rates. It is advisable to have a FASTag for a smoother and hassle-free toll payment experience.
20. Is a FASTag mandatory for every truck in India?
Yes, as per the latest guidelines by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI), it is mandatory for every truck, as well as other vehicles, to have a valid FASTag affixed to their windscreen for toll payments at designated toll plazas across India. Non-compliance may result in penalties and fines.
21. How can I check the balance of my FASTag account for my truck?
To check the balance of your FASTag account for your truck, you can:
1. Visit the website or mobile app of your FASTag issuing agency/bank.
2. Log in with your registered credentials.
3. Look for the option to check your account balance.
4. Upon selecting the option, the current balance and transaction details will be displayed.
22. What should I do if my truck’s FASTag is lost or damaged?
If your truck’s FASTag is lost or damaged, it is advisable to contact the customer support of your FASTag issuing agency or bank immediately. They will guide you through the process of blocking the lost/damaged tag and provide information on obtaining a new FASTag for your truck.
23. Can a FASTag for trucks be used for any other purposes apart from toll payments?
No, a FASTag for trucks is solely designed for toll payments at designated toll plazas. It cannot be used for any other purposes or transactions outside the scope of toll collection.
24. Are there any penalties for non-functional or defaced FASTag on my truck?
Yes, there are penalties for non-functional or defaced FASTag on your truck. If your FASTag is not working or is damaged in a way that hampers its readability, you may be required to pay the toll charges in cash or via alternative payment methods at the toll plaza. Additionally, there may be penalties or fines imposed by the issuing agency or bank for non-functional or defaced FASTags.
25. What steps should I take if I no longer want to use the FASTag for my truck?
If you no longer want to use the FASTag for your truck, you can contact the customer support of your FASTag issuing agency or bank and request them to assist you in deactivating the tag. They will guide you through the necessary steps to deactivate the FASTag and close your associated account, ensuring no further toll deductions are made.