1. What are the basic eligibility criteria to join Swiggy as a delivery boy?
To join Swiggy as a delivery boy, you need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
– You should be at least 18 years old.
– You must have a valid driving license for a two-wheeler vehicle.
– You need to possess a smartphone with a working internet connection.
– Basic knowledge of using smartphone applications is required.
2. How can I apply for a delivery boy position at Swiggy?
To apply for a delivery boy position at Swiggy, follow these steps:
1. Visit the Swiggy website or download the Swiggy app on your smartphone.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the homepage and click on the “Become a Delivery Partner” link.
3. Fill in the required details, such as your name, contact information, address, and vehicle details.
4. Submit the application form along with the necessary documents, such as your driving license, vehicle registration documents, and a photograph.
3. Is prior experience required to become a Swiggy delivery boy?
No, prior experience is not mandatory to join Swiggy as a delivery boy. However, having experience in the delivery or customer service field can be an added advantage.
4. What types of vehicles are allowed for delivery boys at Swiggy?
Swiggy allows delivery boys to use two-wheeler vehicles for their deliveries. Motorcycles, scooters, and electric bikes are commonly used by Swiggy delivery partners.
5. Do I need to have my own vehicle to join Swiggy as a delivery boy?
Yes, you are required to have your own vehicle (a two-wheeler) to become a delivery boy at Swiggy. Swiggy does not provide vehicles to delivery partners.
6. What is the procedure for the background verification process?
Once you have submitted your application and documents, Swiggy will initiate a background verification process. This process involves verifying your address, driving license, and criminal record. Swiggy’s team will contact you to schedule a verification visit to your provided address.
7. Can I choose my preferred working hours as a Swiggy delivery boy?
Yes, Swiggy allows delivery partners to schedule their working hours based on their availability. You have the flexibility to choose your preferred working hours, which can be adjusted according to your personal schedule.
8. How is the payment structure for Swiggy delivery boys?
Swiggy delivery boys are paid on a weekly basis. The payment structure typically includes a fixed amount per delivery, along with additional incentives based on the number of deliveries made during peak hours or on busy days.
9. Does Swiggy provide any training to its delivery boys?
Yes, Swiggy provides training to its delivery boys to ensure efficient and customer-friendly service. The training includes information on handling orders, using the delivery partner app, customer service, and safe driving practices.
10. Are there any specific dress code requirements for Swiggy delivery boys?
Swiggy does not have any specific uniform or dress code requirements for delivery boys. However, it is advisable to dress neatly and comfortably while delivering orders.
11. Can I choose my delivery location as a Swiggy delivery boy?
Swiggy uses a dynamic allocation system to assign delivery orders to nearby delivery partners. While you cannot specifically choose your delivery location, you will receive orders based on your proximity to the restaurant and the customer’s location.
12. What happens if I face issues while delivering an order?
If you encounter any issues during a delivery, such as a wrong address or an unreachable customer, you can reach out to Swiggy’s support team via the delivery partner app. They will assist you in resolving the issue and provide necessary guidance.
13. Can I deliver for other food delivery platforms while working with Swiggy?
Delivery partners for Swiggy are expected to work exclusively for Swiggy and cannot concurrently deliver for other food delivery platforms. Violating this exclusivity agreement may result in termination of your partnership with Swiggy.
14. How are the earnings calculated for Swiggy delivery boys?
The earnings for Swiggy delivery boys are calculated based on several factors, such as the number of deliveries made, distance traveled, and incentives earned during peak hours. The exact calculation and payment details can be found within the delivery partner app.
15. What if my vehicle breaks down during a delivery?
If your vehicle breaks down during a delivery, immediately inform Swiggy’s support team through the delivery partner app. They will guide you on the next steps, which may include arranging an alternative vehicle or providing assistance in getting your vehicle repaired.
16. Do I need to bear the fuel expenses as a Swiggy delivery boy?
Yes, as a Swiggy delivery boy, you are responsible for covering your own fuel expenses. Swiggy does not reimburse fuel costs or provide a separate allowance for it.
17. Can I change my delivery zone after joining Swiggy?
In most cases, Swiggy allows delivery partners to change their delivery zone subject to availability and operational requirements. However, specific policies may vary based on your location and Swiggy’s regional guidelines.
18. What happens if I cancel a delivery order?
Canceling delivery orders without valid reasons can negatively impact your partnership with Swiggy. If you have a genuine reason for canceling an order, inform Swiggy’s support team immediately through the app and provide proper justification.
19. Can I track my earnings and delivery history as a Swiggy delivery boy?
Yes, Swiggy provides a transparent earnings and delivery history tracking system through the delivery partner app. You can easily monitor your earnings, incentives, and overall delivery performance.
20. Will Swiggy provide insurance coverage for delivery boys?
Swiggy provides accidental medical insurance coverage to its active delivery partners. In case of any accidental injuries sustained during a delivery, you may be eligible for medical benefits subject to the terms and conditions of the insurance policy.
21. Can I deliver on foot or use a bicycle instead of a two-wheeler vehicle?
Using a two-wheeler vehicle is preferred for delivering orders with Swiggy due to the distances involved. However, in some cases and specific locations, Swiggy may allow delivery on foot or bicycles. Check with Swiggy’s support team for zone-specific guidelines.
22. Can I take leaves or time off as a Swiggy delivery boy?
As a Swiggy delivery partner, you have the flexibility to take leaves or request time off based on your schedule or personal commitments. However, it is recommended to inform Swiggy in advance through the delivery partner app to avoid any inconvenience.
23. Are there any specific documents required for joining as a Swiggy delivery boy?
To join Swiggy as a delivery boy, you need to provide the following documents:
– Valid driving license for a two-wheeler vehicle.
– Vehicle registration documents (RC book) in your name.
– A recent photograph.
– Identity proof (Aadhar card, PAN card, or passport).
– Address proof (Aadhar card, utility bill, or rental agreement).
24. Are there any language requirements to become a Swiggy delivery boy?
Language requirements may vary depending on the location, but basic knowledge of English or the local regional language is essential to communicate with customers and read order details on the mobile app.
25. What opportunities for growth and advancement are there for Swiggy delivery boys?
Swiggy provides growth opportunities for delivery boys who consistently perform well and demonstrate dedication. Based on their performance, delivery boys can progress to higher roles within the organization, such as becoming a team leader or trainer, thus enabling career growth beyond the delivery role.