How to Motivate Yourself to Compose a Catchy Essay That Hooks
Last Updated on
When students write their essays, they have to give heed to various aspects. It’s necessary to write a great opener, craft a strong thesis, conclude effectively, and so on. One of the most complex parts of essay writing is a topic selection. If you don’t choose a relevant and catchy topic, nobody would like to read your paper at all. Not all students possess the art of defining a proper theme and so, they fail before they even start. At times, they struggle because they lack self-motivation. Therefore, we’ll show how to choose a great topic and motivate yourself.
To choose the right theme, it’s necessary to determine what makes an essay catchy. You should question the possible topic and get clear responses.
- Is your topic relevant?
- Is it helpful?
- Will it solve a problem?
- Can you narrow it?
- Will there be enough information?
These are essential and reasonable questions. Your main question should be interesting for readers, focus on some important problems and solve them. Make sure the data you want to use is trustworthy.
Some Tips to Motivate Yourself
If you lack the motivation to choose a topic and disclose it, use a few tips to manage this task.
Firstly, you should choose the issue, which is interesting to you. If it’s appealing, you will be more enthusiastic about writing. Accordingly, your motivation will enhance. Think about an issue, which really matters and is important for you too.
Secondly, set competitive deadlines. It’s a great motivational method because most people like challenges. The way they overcome different obstacles tells them what they’re capable of. You should schedule the working process step by step. Include to it every stage, which are a topic selection, research, introduction, thesis statement, main plot, and conclusion. Set timers for every stage and try to complete those stages faster than you’ve done it before.
Thirdly, keep away from distractions. You will not be able to focus on your writing if you pay your attention to something else. If you constantly play games or watch TV, you will never finish your essay on time. Therefore, turn off your phone, TV, and laptop. Don’t play video games, and so on. Thus, you’ll be fully devoted to what you do.
Fourthly, collaborate with someone else. At times, it’s good to challenge another author. Find another student who struggles with his/her essay. Discuss some terms of your competition. For example, promise to one another to write 200 words every day minimum. Afterward, try to write a bit more. Even if your competitor beats you, it positively reflects on your progress. You will be interested in winning the competition every day.
If you still cannot regain motivation to write, try online support. Many students ask – Can I pay someone online to write an essay for me – according to my requirements? They really grow desperate as they can’t choose a relevant idea to disclose. This is when they may use online support. There are a lot of online essay writing services. They can tackle any academic issue, including a selection of topic. They will provide 100+ ideas and each will be effective. Moreover, they offer a wide range of other benefits and conditions. Such help is worth a try.
Great Websites to Generate Ideas
If you still have no idea about how to choose a great theme for a discussion, surf the Internet. There are numerous websites, which offer relevant and interesting ideas to cover. We have also studied a few resources and so, we offer 3 great websites that offer multiple essay topics.
- Edgalaxy.com. This resource offers the latest ideas to cover in the year 2019. Students will enjoy 25 outstanding topics.
- Owlcation.com. If you visit this website, you will find 150 ideas for English essays. You will find topics divided into several categories. These are health, technology, social media, high school life, education, crimes, business, entertainment, sports, family, etc.
- Thoughtco.com. You simply cannot ignore this website. It will surely become a great source of ideas and inspiration. It offers 440 topics for essay writing! They are divided into logical blocks that are suitable for different kinds of essays – persuasive, argumentative, compare and contrast, etc.
Things to Avoid
While students try to choose a good point to cover, they make some mistakes. You should be aware of them to never repeat them in the future.
- Out-of-date ideas. Of course, you may use some topics that are always relevant. For example, these are love, friendship, finding yourself, etc. Nonetheless, your readers would like to read something new and special. Offer them an original idea and approach.
- Too broad theme. You should narrow your topic if you want to complete it. If you cover a too broad topic, you won’t have enough space because the length of essays is limited. Therefore, choose a specific topic to focus on a small but concrete issue.
- Reusing old topics. Some students are lazy to generate new ideas and try to play smart. They reuse some old topics. However, your professors will quickly understand that you’ve simply paraphrased something old.
- Not checking the potential. Many students begin to cover a topic without researching. They don’t know whether they’ll find enough data to disclose it properly. Always research your topic!
Memorize these mistakes and never make them. Don’t forget about motivational tips to be focused and committed to your writing. We know you can succeed.